Before attending a church service for the first time, you might like to have an idea of what to expect on your visit.
At our 11:00am Sunday meetings, we meet in the main hall of the building
- to read the Bible and hear it explained in a straightforward way. You will be offered a copy of the Bible in a modern translation so that you can follow the readings.
- to sing a mixture of old and new songs,
- the leader will say prayers to God on our behalf
- the meeting will last about an hour and 40 minutes.
- we have anywhere from 70-100 people of all ages and backgrounds at these meetings
- there are special activities for children who usually leave after 15 minutes or so
- there is an audio induction loop to help everyone hear clearly.
- on some occasions there will be opportunity for “open prayer” – that is, anyone in the congregation can say a prayer out loud. There is no obligation to do so.
- money – you will not be asked for money, but if you would like to donate money there is a box on the table at the back. Many regular people arrange an online banking standing order (STO) – ask the Treasurer for details if you would like to do the same.
As a church, we share a common belief that Jesus has provided the solution to our greatest need. This need is to have a restored relationship with the God who made us. You can read more about that in the page about what we believe.
After the service, we have tea and coffee and time for conversations. It’s a great opportunity to meet new people and to catch up with those in the congregation.
On the second Sunday of the month, there is a Church lunch, a time in which all church
attendees (including visitors) gather in the back hall of the church for a meal, and there is usually opportunity to join others for a meal either in a home, or at a local restaurant.
If you have any questions about visiting Calvary Church you can find contact details here.